The Electric Sun hypothesis is being investigated by a team of scientists and researchers. The SAFIRE project (Stellar Atmospheric Function In Regulation Experiment) is the name of the series of laboratory plasma experiments, looking at a plasma star in a jar.
As well as videos of presentations at Electric Universe theory conferences, they have published the research paper Study of striations in a spherically symmetric Hydrogen discharge, with more planned.
SAFIRE Project 'mission statements'
The SAFIRE team does not hold to any one theory or another. We do not have a horse in this race, we do not belong to the EU community. We are testing the Electric Sun hypothesis to shake it out and see if it is false, or, if the test supports the theory. SAFIRE is pure science, what is called basic research.
Summary of aims of SAFIRE team:
The SAFIRE Project is an experimental investigation of electric discharge behavior of an anode (positively charged electrode) in a vacuum chamber, with special attention to correlations between such discharge behavior and “anomalous” features of the Sun.
Basing their physical experiments on ideas of those involved with the Thunderbolts Electric Universe theory and other EU theory proponents (Wallace Thornhill, Donald E Scott, David Talbott etc).
It seems that the SAFIRE project will actually be testing to see if one of the Anode Sun model (sun is a positively charged body in a generally negatively charged environment) and the Cathode Sun model is more correct, or, if both are wrong then it is either a different electric sun model or the sun is not electric and perhaps it is not an Electric Universe.
Electric Sun and the SAFIRE project
Below is the 2015 under 2 minutes video trailer about SAFIRE.
In an Electric Universe the heavens are not an empty vacuum.
Vast electrical currents stream across interstellar and intergalactic space. They draw matter into a spiral vortex to form a spiral galaxy. The galaxy is lit by the stars strung along the current streams - electric stars. In an Electric Universe the Sun is a positively charged body in a negatively charged galactic environment. If such is truly the case then these features of the Sun are no longer riddles or anomalies. They are exactly as to what is to be expected.
But the Electric Sun hypothesis has the same problem as the Thermonuclear hypothesis, we have never been able to test either in a laboratory. Until now ...
SAFIRE Project experiments - why, what and how?
What is the history of the SAFIRE Project? How, why and what started the process for the experiments?
In this video (notes below) Montgomery Childs explains how he became interested in testing the Electric Sun Model after coming across theoretical issues of the Sun based on a gravity model - for example the lack of gamma rays from a nuclear Sun.
The SAFIRE Project experiments are based on mainly based on these Electric Universe hypothesis:
- The Sun is a positively charged body in a negatively charged environment
- Charged plasma effecting matter of a different electrical potential
Monty carried out statistical analysis of the Electric Universe theory for Electric Stars, to see if it was possible. The Electric Universe Model is not yet mathematically defined and the physics are not sorted.
The initial result was that a simple EU process could power the billions of stars in the universe.
Montgomery then also researched the history of EU experimentation (Kristian Birkeland, Irving Langmuir etc)to help work out the feasibility of possible experiments to test the hypothesis. It was concluded that proper science experiments could test the Electric Universe theories.
SAFIRE Project team
Monty Childs is the author of three college engineering text books and holds eight international technical patents. He was lead design engineer of the Canadian National Research Council for Rocket Design to measure for Oxygen in the upper atmosphere.
Monty Childs - SAFIRE Project Leader | Hossein Turner
Dr Michael Clarage received his PhD in physics from Brandeis University in 1992, studying the biological and statistical behavior of proteins. Prior to that, he spent several years studying binary pulsars at the Arecibo radio telescope. He has given traveling lectures in the areas of fractional calculus, fractals, and chaotic systems as well as presented public talks on such topics as relativity and dimensions, transformation in supernova and metamorphosis in biology. Dr. Clarage is currently a scientist with the SAFIRE Project.
Dr Michael Clarage | The International Science Foundation
SAFIRE latest news
Below is the latest SAFIRE Project update video from Monty Childs.
The previous video SAFIRE Project Update EU2015 (22 minutes), reported on Phase 1 and some of the amazing plasma results and images. If you want to see short introduction videos about the SAFIRE Project then they are further down the page.
More Electric Sun theory videos and articles based on the SAFIRE team and project.
Nuclear Sun mysteries
Some of our nuclear Suns puzzles and mysteries are listed below. Are they explained and expected by an Electric Sun and the Electric Universe theory?
A list of Electric Sun articles on this site.
1) rapid acceleration of the solar wind away from the surface, up to millions of miles per hour; from an electrical vantage point such acceleration is the best indication of electric field strength;
2) more intense outbursts (coronal mass ejections) achieving speeds up to one quarter the speed of light—velocities plausibly achieved only in an electric field;
3) continued acceleration of the solar wind out past the inner planets, implying an extensive electric field acting on the particles long after they have departed the Sun;
4) a temperature minimum close to the Sun’s surface (approx. 5,000K, rising spectacularly through the chromosphere and into the corona, with outer corona temperatures up to 20 million degrees. (This, too, suggests an interfacial region—a plasma “double layer”—between the Sun and its extended plasma atmosphere);
5) “open” magnetic field lines, a violation of standard electromagnetic equations. This enigma disappears if the lines actually extend into the larger galactic domain as pathways of galactic currents flowing into the heliosphere. In such an arrangement, the lines close as required, but not within the heliosphere;
6) polar jets, a classical feature of electric discharge in plasma.
7) Equatorial torus, a feature well documented in Kristian Birkeland’s experiments with electrical bombardment of a magnetized sphere;
8) super-rotation of the equatorial atmosphere—35 rotations for every 26 rotations of the circumpolar atmosphere—a contradiction of standard atmospherics, but a predictable effect if the atmosphere is being driven by external, rotating cylindrical currents along the Sun’s axis, pinching down (plasma z-pinch) to meet the solar surface;
9) recent findings that the convection required to sustain the Sun’s magnetic field is not occurring. The full significance of this finding has yet to be studied.
SAFIRE Project links:
Safire Project review by electricuniverse.info
International Science Foundation (ISF)
The Safire Project – Testing the Electric Sun (article on thunderbolts.info)
Safire Project site under construction - film (movie) to come?
SAFIRE Project discussion on the Thunderbolts.info forum