Pootling along a roight old country lane, whilst looking into the puzzling round towers around the world. The South and North folk have nearly 200 unique and mysterious round tower Churches, dotted but somehow hidden, amongst flat ancient East Anglia. The tiny wooden road sign said Church but it could only be one of those …
Today’s astronomers suggest the possibility of hospitable regions around bizarre binary companions such as white dwarf star WD 1856+534 with red giant gas planets. How is there enough energy for models to create the possibility of life without a nice bit of Solar energy? Even a brown dwarf, who somehow failed to make it as a proper star, the shame, can happily wander through interstellar space, having nothing to do with that nasty Gravity, just minding its own solar system business in rocky planets.
Scientists propose habitable zones located near the photosphere of a plasma common envelope and/or the electromagnetic layers of strange Suns.
The pre William and his Norman Conquerors (1066 AD) history of England is surprisingly murky, especially considering the riches of ancient earthworks and civilisations with advanced technical skills. Trying to look into the past of Norfolk and Suffolk is somehow even murkier – like its coastal rivers, estuaries and famous reed marshlands of the Broads. …
Gorleston is an ancient village. Parts of Gorleston-On-Sea are so antiquated they even had an impressively large Augustinian priory but now there is virtually no physical evidence of its existence left above the surface.
Another missing Medieval antiquity was the centuries old St Clement’s stone Cross, appropriately the tanner’s and fisherman’s Patron Saint. The Crucem Clementij monument was mentioned in a 1597 Latin manuscript, when Elizabeth I was Queen of England and the House of Tudor’s rule would soon be coming to an end.
There was a significant religious St Bennett’s Cross situated in old Gorleston. Its location or at least the remains of this antiquity, marked on older Ordnance Survey Maps beside St Andrew’s Church roundabout on the Church Lane and Church Road corner.
St Bennett’s stone Cross, also spelt St Benett’s, was drawn on OS maps into at least the 1950’s. There were other very old and large stone Crosses in Gorleston Parish.