Author Topic: A reason for believing - Would it be convenient for you?  (Read 11013 times)

peter

• gas giant
  • EUreka?: +1/-0
    • Hydrogen2Oxygen
Even if evidence for something is everywhere, if for a existence of an intelligent God, for a revolutionary theory in science or for a conspiracy, why do people not believe?

Is it because of ignorance?
No. Truth is very simple. You don't need to be a scientist to understand certain simple facts.

Has faith the roots in the DNA?
No. Faith is not a genetic factor.

Is it because of convenience?
Yes!

I know this sounds strange or maybe stupid, but if something is inconvenient for someone, then it will be ignored or denied as first reaction.

For example, imagine you are a mighty Pope in medieval times and someone tells you that the earth is not flat but a sphere. Would it be convenient for you to accept the facts even if the person shows you all mathematical proofs, even if he build a rocket and invite you to get into to convince you?

Or imagine you are a prosperous doctor in a small city and someone tells you that all illness can be cured by a small and cheap machine. Would you tell then the good news to the citizens?

Now what would happen if you live your life in a material world, based on materialism, based on egotism ... and then someone tells you that the air that you breath is breathed also by other people, by animals, insects, bacteria, by all the nature. And then he tells you that the light of the sun shines on all humans, not only on you. And the food that grows is for everyone, not only for your Monsanto Company ... ?

What would happen inside you, in your heart, if someone tells you that your thoughts, your mind, your consciousness is nothing else then a electromagnetic wave and that there is no such thing like a individuality, that all is ONE wave and when we die the wave dissolves, but the memory of it is stored and can be resurrected. And that your private thoughts are not so private, because they are shared in a collective consciousness, affecting the thoughts and feelings of others and you are also affected by the thoughts and feelings of others and that you need to take responsibility for every of your thought like you take responsibility for the environment!?

What would happen if you get confronted with the scientific facts that eternal life could be possible if all humanity would align their thoughts and feelings to love each other and share the life-force building up a higher synergistic effect, multiplying the life-force enhancing health and consciousness?

Would it be convenient for you?

The acquisition of deep knowledge and insights is only possible if someone is disposed to accept the implication of such insight. Every bit of information is like food that needs to be assimilated by a complex system of digestion. This system is vast, it is not limited on the own individuality, it cross all borders, it implies the life of many. Accepting a truth means a change to the system or sometime even a shock to the system. Your system is your believe, your world-view, but also your friends, family, job, environment, ... By accepting a truth you introduce a change to all humans that are in some kind related to you. Some are related in some kind to the whole humanity because of their position in politics, economics, art and science.

The environment reacts immediately!

Maybe someone has noticed what happens if one change his mind on a matter ... how his environment reacts ... how fast it reacts!

What has you experienced?

Mo

• Exoplanet
Re: A reason for believing - Would it be convenient for you?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 08:52:30 »
The environment reacts immediately!
Maybe someone has noticed what happens if one change his mind on a matter ... how his environment reacts ... how fast it reacts!
What has you experienced?
Peter

This is mighty profound. Is our environment, including other people, affected by our consciousness. Do we attract the experiences that we undergo. And is it our early life experiences that determine our environment. So that our whole life story is laid out very early. So can we change this story.

Of course one can get into very negative or positive states of mind. This will modify one's environment, but the early life experiences will still attract situations. And the experiences of one's conception will lead to the consciousness before conception. So not positive thinking nor emotional outpouring, but know thyself from conception.
Mo

electrobleme

• Administrator
  • Plasma Star
  • It's time to step out of the Gravity, Well?
    • Electric Universe theory blog
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 06:31:49 »
What would happen inside you, in your heart, if someone tells you that your thoughts, your mind, your consciousness is nothing else then a electromagnetic wave and that there is no such thing like a individuality, that all is ONE wave and when we die the wave dissolves, but the memory of it is stored and can be resurrected. And that your private thoughts are not so private, because they are shared in a collective consciousness, affecting the thoughts and feelings of others and you are also affected by the thoughts and feelings of others and that you need to take responsibility for every of your thought like you take responsibility for the environment!?

thats a paragraph worth copying into the Akashic Records thread and so i will :)

Fortescue

• rocky planet
  • EUreka?: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 21:39:12 »
What would happen if you get confronted with the scientific facts that eternal life could be possible if all humanity would align their thoughts and feelings to love each other and share the life-force building up a higher synergistic effect, multiplying the life-force enhancing health and consciousness?

These words are very thought provoking, and I only wish we could convince the entire population.  But evil also appears to be intrinsic to our beings.  Is it possible for World peace and subsequent eternal life?
Love me, hate me, but never be indifferent to me.  You can't deny it - I do make a difference.

peter

• gas giant
    • Hydrogen2Oxygen
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 22:17:01 »
These words are very thought provoking, and I only wish we could convince the entire population.  But evil also appears to be intrinsic to our beings.  Is it possible for World peace and subsequent eternal life?

King David wrote the following words: “Look! With error I was brought forth with birth pains, and in sin my mother conceived me.” (Psalm 51:5)
He admits that sin is passed over from generation to generation (remember the difference between the word "generation" and "creation"?).

Paul wrotes in Roman 5:12 "That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned".
In the perspective of a biocentric universe it makes really sense, that through one man the death entered in humankind (into the collective consciousness). Because we are all interdependent and not isolated from each other. The perfect blueprint was damaged and now the question is if there is any hope for humankind.

By themselves, humans will never be able to conquer the ultimate sponsor of evil, Satan the Devil.
In Genesis 3:15 is written "And I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel."
The woman is the heavenly organization worshiping the true God. This organization will destroy the Devil together with his wicked system on earth.
The only thing a individual can do is to study the Bible, learning the perfect will of God (does not mean that studying the Bible ones become perfect) and draw close to his organization.

Now I will mention the difference between the true organization of God and the False Religions, because it is really important to be able to discern which one is the true religion:
1) The False Religions ... meddles in war and politics - 1 John 4:20, Matthew 5:44
2) The False Religions ... spreads false doctrines (disinformation), like the teach that the soul or spirit is some invisible part of a human that survives the death of the physical body - Ecclesiastes 9:5, Ezekiel 18:4
3) The False Religions ... tolerates immoral sex - 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10

Our hope is that soon the judgment of God will remove all False Religions (Revelation 17). This will remove also the great confusion in religion.

The Source of True Unity
The Bible contains God’s promise that the world will be unified but not by man’s efforts. (Psalm 46:8, 9; Isaiah 11:9)
In our modern days the illusionary peace is kept by the "Fear of a nuclear holocaust" between the members of the "Nuclear club". What a horror scenario!
But all this wicked system will be removed, together with the technology to kill humans. Perhaps I should write some thoughts on the spiritual beings, how mighty and powerful they are and there are also many interesting aspects regarding angels and the Electric Universe theory. I will write this in the "god is an Electric Universe?" thread.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 22:22:12 by peter »