Author Topic: god is an Electric Universe?  (Read 54297 times)

Jackson Holly

• rocky planet
  • EUreka?: +0/-0
Re: god is an Electric Universe?
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 08:39:12 »
"If a tree falls in the forest and there is nobody around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Like most of these things this is a trick question. It is designed to make one think what a sound really is. It is consciousness, because without the brain to act as the transformer of the physical disturbance to nerve electrical impulses and the the induction of the experiencing of sound, which is consciousness, then there is really just physical vibration.

So the purpose of the question is to make one think about experiencing, consciousness.
Mo

Yah ... and by extension it is asking, "Does the universe exist if there is no comprehending consciousness?"

It seems the BioCentric folks are saying NO ... that consciousness "precedes essence" ... man creates himself.

I was saying, YES ... the universe does indeed exist without man ... man did not create himself (as Sartre says). The "plan", the "blueprint", the "essence" of life/consciousness precedes.

I hope I am making sense!

~ IMMANUEL VELIKOVSKY ~
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but a man cannot stay in the cradle forever."

Mo

• Exoplanet
  • EUreka?: +1/-0
Re: god is an Electric Universe?
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 11:06:09 »
Seems like you are discussing the duality of understanding and love. The "plan" as a part of understanding and consciousness as a part of love. Mind and emotion. Perhaps the reincarnating entity and kundalini as the basic male and female symbols. The reincarnating entity gathering understanding and kundalini as the 'female' energy of life and love.

And so does mind and emotion have a common origin or did mind come before feeling, or feeling before mind. Really the significance lies in how action can arise in us from understanding or from love. Thus can one have understanding in action, but yet be short on love, life energy or kundalini. Or have love but no understanding or intelligence. But one can have neither love nor understanding if one's actions arise automatically from the past. This is the real issue.
Mo