Author Topic: The Red Sun God? Why did Egyptians have a red sun God?  (Read 583039 times)

electrobleme

• Administrator
  • Plasma Star
  • EUreka?: +1/-0
  • It's time to step out of the Gravity, Well?
    • Electric Universe theory blog
The Red Sun God? Why did Egyptians have a red sun God?
« on: December 02, 2009, 02:24:08 »
Ra (Re) the Egyptian Sun God was painted as red but they did have yellow ochre?

The first thing you don't do with a god is try to piss him, her or it off. You make you God more powerful, holy, prettier than you think they are. One of the main things is you don't paint or carve then incorrectly.

As Gary Gilligan points out on his great Egyptian Mythology site (The God King Scenario - gks.uk.com) the Egyptians have their Sun God as red? The only sensible idea is that their Sun was red. It does not matter what we think they lived in that time and worshipped the Gods. So their Sun had to be red. If it was not red then why was it shown as red?

The following essay it is a perfect example of how the most obvious evidence can be overlooked. It shows how childlike observations can lead to incredible discoveries which irrefutably prove that planetary chaos is reaching out to us from the not so distant past.

...It matters little where Re’s symbol is found. Whether used as part of the ‘sacred’ inscriptions or as a pictorial image dressed with wings, cow’s horns, plumes or cobras, Re’s most basic form consisted of a simple red disk – why?

Re 5The Sun is a blinding, golden-yellow disk with emanating rays – a ball of glaring, golden light – so why paint, what is by comparison, a lifeless red disk?

....As one of the original creator gods, Re was ‘the lord of all lands’ and ‘the great light who shinest in the heavens.’ Life on Earth depended on Re and he was revered greatly. The Egyptians believed that he created the world, and the rising Sun was their symbol of creation. Would the Egyptians risk the wrath of this great god by ignoring its true form in this way?

The abundance of glorious reliefs proves that the Egyptians were proud of their art. Many pieces took months, if not years, to complete as each hieroglyph was meticulously carved and painted. The colours were of paramount importance and many gods had their own sacred colours. It therefore seems bizarre that they created a disk to represent the Sun and then proceeded to paint it red!
Can we have our glaring ball back please?! Re, the RED sun - gks.uk.com/gks6

** UPDATE - Gary Gilliagan's book "Comet Venus" is reviewed and DIScussed below, includes replies/posts by the author **

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 19:57:09 by electrobleme »

electrobleme

• Administrator
  • Plasma Star
evidence showing that the Egyptian Sun was red
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 02:45:42 »
Evidence that the Egyptians Sun was red

Ra-Horus At Hatshepsut Temple, Egypt, Luxor

Not only is the Sun red but the Sun God himself is painted red. They also did have yellow ochre as they used it for part of his clothing.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 02:47:39 by electrobleme »

hulland

• asteroid/comet
  • EUreka?: +0/-0
Re: The Red Sun God? Why did Egyptians have a red sun God?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 22:51:28 »
I know the sun is redder at morning and night because it is filtered through much more atmosphere ( and dust) could this have been to be understood to mean the sun god was nearer? ( and therefore better to be represented in red rather than yellow?)

electrobleme

• Administrator
  • Plasma Star
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 02:13:31 »

That is a good observation and needs to be factored in as the east/west and rising/setting sun was important to the Egyptians. My knowledge of Egyptian Dieties and Gods is very basic, it is just a fascinating subject, so I will have to quote and find references from other people and sites.

I had a quick look at some sites on the net and it seems that the sun god was eventually worshipped or shown in different stages, including the rising, noon and setting sun. This god changed a lot! It would be good to find more traditional and respected references to see what they also say but these show the different information, "facts" and ideas about this subject that is out there.

A composite deity with Atum. The primordial creative force combined with the ruler of the gods. In this form, Ra also symbolized the setting sun and its journey through the underworld to its rising in the east.
Ra-Atum/Atum-Ra (touregypt .net)

In ancient Egyptian culture the Sun was considered the manifestation of god. He was called Ra. Actually his full name is Ra - Atum - Khepri. This name represents the three stages of the Sun. Khepri - the rising Sun, Ra - the Sun at the zenith (noon) and Atum -the setting Sun.
Egyptians - Ra - Atum - Khepri (thinkquest .org)

The sun was the primary element of life in ancient Egypt, we find this importance reflected in the art and religion. Some of the most popular gods had a solar connection. The sun was first worshipped as Horus, then as Ra and later as Amun-Ra There are many other representations of the sun, including Khepri, the great scarab who symbolizes morning and the ram-headed god Khnum representing evening. During the reign of Akhenaten, the sun was worshipped as the Aten. A form of the sun disk with its rays depicted as arms holding ankh signs. Another common form that the sun takes is that of Horus Behudety, the winged sun disk flanked by uraeus.
Ra - Re (crystalinks .com)

Mo

• Exoplanet
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 17:32:19 »
Consider Gary Gilligan's Comet Venus:
http://www.gks.uk.com/gks13/

If Nefertari is Venus then why is there a red disk.  The sun would cast a shadow on Venus so one would expect a bright side and a dark side of the disk.  And why so red like the Sun.

If Venus orbitted outside of Earth then as Venus got close to Earth a nearly full disk would be seen, similar to the appearance of Mars nowadays. The bunny rabbit ears of the disk is a wonderful depiction of the twin comas of Venus. Again it is the dust that makes Mars appear red, as Mars would have been electrically lit up, just like Earth was. And the lit up Birkeland currents of Earth near the poles were depicted as Amun, the aurora, according to Gary.

Those Egyptians sure loved the sky, or feared it greatly. No event in the skies would have gone unrecorded. All the depictions of kings and queens and gods relate to the events in the sky. So there might be a wealth of information about planetary orbits written there. And Gary is writing the fundamentals of understanding the depictions.
Mo

electrobleme

• Administrator
  • Plasma Star
gary gilligan's book "comet venus"
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 15:54:01 »

i got gary gilligan's book "comet venus" for christmas so will soon be working my way through it :)

Mo

• Exoplanet
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 14:43:37 »
You lucky lad.  I intend to be in a mobile home soon, and books are kind of bulky.
Mo

Mo

• Exoplanet
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 07:13:00 »
Any chance of a report on Gary Gilligan's book yet ?
Mo

electrobleme

• Administrator
  • Plasma Star
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 07:35:09 »

Not yet, i got inundated with books and just had some finally turn up that i ordered a few months ago! I actually want free time around it so i can reseach what he is saying (Egyptian stuff aint my strong point), as it seems to be different to other EU/Catastrophe books on the topic. Not that i have read those either but the argument on thunderbolts seemed to suggest that.

Mo

• Exoplanet
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 11:03:02 »
Well let's consider some of the articles on Gary Gilligan's site.
http://www.gks.uk.com/gks5/
"I would also add Amenhotep III was given title ‘the dazzling sun disk of all lands.' I've yet to here anything close to a plausible explanation for such a title. I mean, how can any human being be described as a 'dazzling sun disk?' This is Mars/Amenhotep again, just prior to giving birth to its sold iron core; Mars/Amenhotep in the process of belching out the Aten and in doing so Mars/Amenhotep quite literally appearing as a ‘dazzling sun disk of all lands.' This definition requires no ‘shrugging of the shoulders,' no demoting the Egyptians as living in a bizarre world we don't understand, just real physical observations leading to apt and concise descriptions of planetary bodies in the guise of divine kings and queens."

Now maybe Mercury, like the Moon, was not part of the Saturn System, and was a long-time resident of the Solar System. Thus Mercury and the Moon were pretty much in electrical equilibrium with their surroundings, as they are pretty much today. So in the dusty conditions Mercury and the Moon would not have been seen. It was only when Mercury came in close contact with Mars that Mercury fired up, along with Mars. So it appeared that Mercury was born, just then firing up and becoming visual.
Mo

electrobleme

• Administrator
  • Plasma Star
dusty plasma and the fire starter of planets
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 01:00:07 »

Not just the rocky planets but how about the gas giants turning from dark glow mode into "proper" gas giants, if the Solar System was suddenly switched on or its current increased?

if the solar system was dusty then a bright shining object would appear to something amazing if we could not see stars. would the dusty plasma also give it a halo due to light diffraction?

“Darkness there was: at first concealed in darkness this All was indiscriminated chaos. All that existed then was void and formless.” (Rig Veda)

“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was chaos, and there was darkness over the abyss.” (Genesis—Mitchell translation)

The same themes are repeated in Phoenician and Greek cosmogonies and in Taoism in China. They appear in the narratives of the tribes of Oceania and of the Pima of Arizona. The Hopi clarify the question of just how dark the darkness was by calling it a “dark purple light.” Other legends relate that something glowed dimly within the darkness “like a glow-worm” (Linga Purana)—an orb “lit by the reflection of his own inner self” (Mbayá legend).

Before the Beginning | thunderbolts.info TPOD

Mo

• Exoplanet
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 08:50:53 »
If it was dark then the ancients would have seen the stars. So it was not dark. Perhaps there was a great deal of dust that blocked out most of the light, at some stage in proceedings. The creation stories are a big problem for all the EU writers. I pass.

I wrote before that the double layers around planets, if they got dusty, could become visible. Especially if more electrically energetic conditions existed. Thus interplanetary thunderbolts could transport matter, in the form of dust and probably water, whilst increasing the current through the double layer, producing a sudden brightening in the double layer. Of course these double layers have a diameter muliply greater than the diameters of the planets, thus potentially producing a tremendous effect.
Mo

electrobleme

• Administrator
  • Plasma Star
layers of water
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 02:11:49 »

the double layer around earth is interesting as the creation stories mention different layers of water and then it concentrating into the ocean we have today (i think). similar to when you have a storm cloud heavy with rain and you get the massive bolt of lightning (ground to earth) and then a couple of seconds later the rain absolutely pours down. Either there is a discharge in the clouds or the ground gets charged, something like that. This happens in Malta anyway. I was able to tell some people my EU ideas and mentioned this, couple of days later Malta allowed me to show this happening  :)

of course the water coming from the sky or other layer could be the transportation of it from Mars that you suggest

electrobleme

• Administrator
  • Plasma Star
"Comet Venus" book by Gary Gilligan
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 02:46:49 »

Review and discussion of the "Comet Venus" book by Gary Gilligan

I will start to read, review and discuss the Comet Venus book by Gary Gilligan. I intend to do it a short bit at a time so i can write down what he says, any questions or ideas i have and then hopefully discuss it with others. I will ask the author if he wants to come and and have a look at what we have said and hopefully answer our questions and discuss his ideas futher.

The Electric Universe Theory and Plasma Mythology is on the "Fringe", especially according to wikipedia where it is banned! On Wiki any external site linked to anything vaguely connected to the EU Theory is hunted down like a rabid dog and battered in the street by those who would have paid to give Galileo Galilei the same treatment.

As I have not yet read the Comet Venus I do have to take note of what others on thunderbolts think and it seems that the book or the authors ideas are slightly further along the fringe of the Fringe amongst Plasma Mythology and Catastrophe people. From what I have read and seen on his site The God King Scenario I expect him to bring the rest of the Universe a little bit closer to his Fringe.

WYSIWYGetology is something that through my gEUlogy study and the Electric Universe i have come to believe in strongly, combined with the folklore of the people. They didnt make all this stuff up and had to base it on things that happened. How and why would the ancient peoples of the earth create these amazing and similar stories of warring planets, fighting gods, creation stories. The 2 most likely things are that either every nation made it up (they supposedly were not in communication with each other) or they all witnessed/experienced the same thing.

You can purchase Comet Venus and other books on Gary Gilligan's website by clicking here

electrobleme

• Administrator
  • Plasma Star
Comet Venus - chapter reviews and DIScussion points
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 02:48:27 »
Comet Venus - chapters + book review and DIScussion points

** Comet Venus - Introduction

** Comet Venus - The God King Scenario

A CHALLENGE! "The Nonexistent Battles of the Pharaohs" - the authors challenge to everyone!
RE: A CHALLENGE! "The Nonexistent Battles of the Pharaohs" - websites links about enemies and battles of the Pharaohs and also The Revision of Ancient History

** Comet Venus - The 'two lands' of Upper and Lower Egypt - Ka, Ba, Akh

DIScussion - How did the present Solar Systems planetary orbits happen? Ideas ranging from the God King Scenario, Immanuel Velikovsky, Saturn System and members own views, ideas and theories. Right, wrong or a mixture?

** Comet Venus - Space debris and the red Sun

** Comet Venus - Horus (Heru, he who is above)

** Comet Venus - Hathor - the ecliptic band and celestial equator

** Comet Venus - Isis

** Comet Venus - Osiris

DIScussion - The Djed and the 4 Pillars of Earth/heaven - are they figures or Plasma Discharge Events? Petroglyph and art evidence both for and against.

** Comet Venus - Ptah (Jupiter) - God of Craftsmen, Rebirth and Creation

** Comet Venus - The Battles of the Pharaohs - were all the hieroglyphic and temple battle scenes fought in the sky?

** Comet Venus - was Egypt a warring nation? summary of evidence for the GKS from "An ancient world in chaos" (previous book by the author)

** Comet Venus - A challenge for Egyptologists and Archaeologists - Ramesess II General of the Army at 10 but not one battle injury?

** Comet Venus - Sekhmet - a 'warrior' sky - arrows of fire in the sky and where our sandy deserts suddenly came from

** Comet Venus - Amun - the aurora

** Comet Venus - Amun-Re - light of the hidden one

** Comet Venus - Amun and Kingship - protected/embraced by Amun. The puzzle of Pharaoh Queen Hatshepsut solved?

** Comet Venus - Amun and Warfare - Montu the warlike Auroa

** Comet Venus - Planet Venus - Velikovsky claims about Venus as a comet. What are the facts years later?

** Comet Venus - Comet Venus - how and why it looked like it did

** Comet Venus - The White Crown - planet Venus as Comet Venus = the White Crown of Upper Egypt

** Comet Venus - Venus in the guise of Egypts Queens - evidence showing egypts queens as the Comet Venus and also explaining what the "God's wife embrace" is

** Comet Venus - Mars and Venus - evidence and summing up of Mars and Venus in the God King Scenario

The Comet Venus author Gary Gilligan's replies/discussion

** The Aten - the dust/debris bands and the Suns Cobra Corona

** The Aten - life on Earth from Mars

** The Aten - the Khepri beetle and the suckling sycamore fig tree

** The Aten - Solar system cofiguration and history - Ackerman’s impact on Jupiter model and the birth of Mars

** The Aten - Raising the Djed - The Djed and the 4 Pillars - Pharaohs holding up the heavens

** The Aten - More on the Djed - The Djed as 4 Pillars in one

** The Aten - the 4 corners of the earth

** The Aten (published as a TPOD and copied here) - Velikovsky's Comet Venus (Thunderbolts Picture Of the Day)

** The Aten (TPOD and copied here) - Re (Ra) the Red Sun (Thunderbolts Picture Of the Day)

** The Aten (TPOD and copied here) - Amun - An Ancient Aurora Filled Sky (Thunderbolts Picture Of the Day)

** GKS site article by The Aten - The Winged Disk and The God King Scenario

The Aten discussing the GKS and how it explains the Bible stories

** GKS inspiration for the Bible - this post and a few more posts after it

** Amun - more on Amun
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 15:21:24 by electrobleme »